FR Research Services works as a platform intermediary or broker between education institutions and clients wanting to register their employees on short courses and accredited learning programmes. We offer a range of diverse services to education and training institutions in TVET and higher education such as universities, business schools, TVET Colleges, workplace training providers and private companies.
Our aims are to achieve the following:
- serve as a conduit between education institutions and companies;
- strengthen institutional capacity;
- encourage companies to invest in employee training and development;
- make learning relevant to the world of work;
- improve quality of learning programmes;
- support customisation of learning;
- develop academics managers;
- bring “know how”. “application” and “best practice” to the relationship;
- mediate between education institutions and corporate clients; and
- establish a platform for education institutions and clients to work collaboratively.
Our intermediation services are essentially a tri-partite relationship between the education institution, client company and platform host, which is FR Research Services.
This is how it works in practice:
- Client company approaches FR Research Services (FRRS) for training solution.
- FRRS conducts a needs analysis and advises client on training needs.
- Determination of learning outcomes.
- FRRS sources the most suitable education institution locally or internationally based on needs, quality, costs, mode of delivery, etc.
- FRRS communicates with institution about the feasibility of enrolling learners based on client needs.
- Sets out expectations and desired outcomes.
- Discusses customisation of learning.
- Reach agreement with institution.
- Pre-check of learning programme for customisation.
- Customisation of programme discussed and approved, subject to changes.
- Delivery of programme to learners.
- Production of progress reports.
- Monitoring of learner performance.
- FRRS monitors learner performance for client.
- Address any possible problems during the learning stage on behalf of client by making representations to institution.
- Discuss and resolve any possible problems in the learning stage.
- Completion of learning programme.
- Discuss post-training interventions such as ROI, impact assessment, coaching, future training, mentoring, talent management and career development possibilities.
- Graduation and closure report.
Corporate Student Recruitment
FR Research Services recruits corporate clients for accredited learning programmes and short courses for education institutions. We identify market opportunities for educations institutions, advise faculty on programme mix, building learning partnerships and co-designing corporate learning solutions.
We are adept at reading market conditions, determining client learning needs, engaging them on programme design, development and delivery and ensuring follow-up services by way of impact evaluations and other post-training interventions.
We advise institutions on corporate marketing strategies and plans for growth. FR Research Services can add momentum your institution’s corporate marketing agenda.
FR Research Services possesses considerable experience in designing, developing, reviewing and positioning management programmes for niche markets. Curriculum development is undertaken in alignment with institutional missions and mandates. We are abreast of cutting edge developments in the field of business management education, pedagogy and market trends. We will create a seamless interface between learning and the world of work.
We align learning programmes to exceed the regulatory requirements of statutory Quality Assurance Bodies, whilst ensuring the innovative dimensions of the curricula remain uncompromised.
Niche Short Courses
FR Research Services develops short courses for education institutions. These short courses firmly resonate with the training needs and aspirations of clients. The core strength of our short courses is in detailed conceptualisation, wide consultation, meticulous preparation and innovative delivery methods to ensure learning outcomes are met. Impact indicators are defined with clients at the outset of the short course to determine ROI.
We adopt learner-centred and practitioner-led teaching and learning approaches. There is a strong slant towards experiential and participatory learning practices involving critical analysis, deep reflection and discussion of complex issues with participants.
We contribute to the growth agenda of education institutions by conducting market research; finding new locations for expansion; recruiting and training academics; contextualising programmes to local markets; devising pricing and marketing strategies; and meeting accreditation requirements.
We can be a powerful partner by providing high level advisory support to grow your institution.
Quality Assurance And Accreditation Support
FR Research assists education institutions with institutional and programme accreditation by the relevant Quality Assurance Bodies in further and higher education and training.
We prepare institutions for institutional audits and accreditation visits, advise on regulatory matters and develop quality management systems for institutions.
We also advise education institutions on ways of improving quality provision in terms of regulatory requirements.
We assist education institutions with restructuring to align to institutional mission and mandate. As part of restructuring, we develop structures and committees, terms of reference, policies and procedures and capacitate staff to function in these committees.
A key part of restructuring involves communication with staff to ensure inclusivity. We achieve this by devising a communication strategy, conducting workshops and training and development.
We develop occupational or job profiles for academics and support staff based on organisational requirements. Our job profiles are performance-oriented based on key performance areas (KPAs) and targets (KPTs). We also devise performance assessment systems to monitor staff performance.
We build management skills of academic managers through training, mentoring and coaching. We also specialise in developing pedagogic skills of academics by subjecting them to a series of innovative teaching and assessment methods.
Our approach is to conduct a training needs analysis, reach consensus with the client, develop customised training interventions, provide training and evaluate impact of the intervention.