FR Research offers strategic advisory services to government departments in education and training with establishing and improving national training systems.
We advise on the following:
- developing of national, sectoral and regional skills strategies that work;
- aligning skills strategies to industrial policy and industry strategies;
- setting up and actioning skills councils;
- creating working partnerships between the social partners – employers, trade unions, community bodies and the state;
- developing industry clusters;
- establishing training infrastructures;
- aligning training and development to industry needs;
- researching career pathways and career ladders;
- identifying occupations in high demand for national lists;
- developing policies, procedures and processes for skills migration frameworks;
- devising national skills measurement systems for determining skills imbalances in the labour market;
- establishing credible mechanisms for institutional skills planning; and
- capacity-building of stakeholders in the education and training systems.
Our advisory services to governments are aimed at developing responsive education and training systems.